Having cats roam your garden can be a nuisance. But it doesn't have to be that way! Here are a few ways you can deter cats from your garden without harming them:
1. Use sound deterrents: Cats don't like loud or sudden noises, so set up wind chimes, aluminum foil, pie tins, and other objects that make noise when disturbed to keep cats away.
2. Install motion-activated water sprinklers: A sudden burst of water can startle cats and keep them away from the area.
3. Plant plants that cats dislike: Certain plants such as rosemary, lavender, and marigolds are unappealing to cats due to their strong scents. Planting these around the perimeter of your garden can help ward off feline visitors.
4. Try citrus repellent sprays: Spraying a homemade mixture of orange or lemon peels diluted in water around the edges of your garden can discourage cats from entering the area. The smell of citrus is unappealing to them but won’t harm them in any way.
5. Make sure you eliminate food sources: If you’re having a problem with stray cats visiting your garden for snacks, make sure all food sources are eliminated or put away in secure containers where they cannot get to them.
Following these steps should help reduce the number of cats visiting your garden, allowing you to enjoy it peacefully once again!